Coaches, Team Managers & Club Officials Code of Conduct
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behavior in the game. The unacceptable behavior of over-competitive parents, spectators and coaches on the sideline is why most youth players leave the sport. Play your part and observe MACH 1 FC’s Code of Conduct in everything you do.
On and off the field, I will:
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators.
- Adhere to the laws and spirit of the game
- Promote Fair Play and high standards of behavior
- Always respect the match official’s decision
- Never enter the field of play without the referee’s permission
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behavior.
When working with players, I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
- Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
- Ensure all parents/guardians of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
- Never engage in or tolerate any form of bullying
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behavior and performance
- Ensure all activities I organize are appropriate for the players’ ability level, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others within soccer (e.g. officials, doctors, trainers etc.) for each player’s best interests.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, my club or the leagues may take any/all of the following actions:
- Required to meet with the club or league
- Required to meet with the club committee
- Monitored by another club coach
- Required to attend an education course
- Suspended by the club from attending matches
- Relieved of their position by the club.